Re: General Motors

To compete with the low wages and less desirable benefits packages and pension paid the workers in foreign car makers what choice do the have? Imports build cars for less as a result, yet they sell them in the US for
more than domestics
mike hunt

Yes Mike except for one thing: When I got married 23 years ago my bride came with a car payment and a 1981 Toyota Corolla DLX Sedan with the 3TC and a 5 speed. She and the car are both still here, and while she has aged far better and slower than the car, they both still get up and go every morning. I tell people I would sell it, but for two things, 1 I can't get any thing for it, and 2 it still starts everytime I turn the key. And the head and pan have never been off. Now I had an American car when I married her, and had a few more since, but after a while I was convinced. I have Japanese cars now because I can get a reliable 300,000 miles from one, and I have never done that with an American made car, even though I service and maintain them the same. So maybe that is why they charge more for them, you think?
Big Al in Birmingham, AL

Can't prove it by me I own a 1971 domestic small car, ten years older than yours, that has 300K on the clock and it looks and runs just fine. Far from being not worth much it is currently worth around three times what it cost me new, to boot. ;)
mike hunt