Re: General Motors is still number one

There are millions of buyers that bought trucks in 2005 that do not agree with you personal opinion. GM and Ford individually sold more trucks in

2005 than Toyota, Lexus and Scion sold cars, truck and SUVs combined LOL

mike hunt

I do beleive that GM and Ford does a great job in >> regard to making full sized pick-up trucks. I have yet to meet anyone >> that complained about the quality of their full sized GM and Ford >> pick-up trucks. >> Jason > > I don't really see a trend towards GM and Ford making better pickups. They > make their vehicles bigger and heavier with larger, more thirstier engines > to tweak male egos. The large amount of sales of these vehicles reflects > mainly the fleet sales. Everyone I know that owns GM, Ford or Dodge > pickups have had some major problems. Not to mention the side-saddle gas > tanks for GM, the poor rating of the previous generation of Ford F150 in > crash tests, the 8 MPG Dodge pickups and the crushing of the cabs in > rollover crashes of all three. Lawsuits from the latter are adding to the > price of their product. >
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Also:

a) Number one in losing money. b) Number one in overpaying their executives. c) Number one to produce lousy models year after year. d) Number one in layoffs. e) and the first major corporation to achieve junk bond status on their credit rating

Reply to
Viperkiller

Neither MCI / Worldcom and Enron maintained their good credit ratings in recent history. Nor did Ford, whose credit was reduced to junk bond status at the same time as GM's.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff