Re: George Carlin's article on being a Bad American.

Guess what!

I dont give a shit, one way or the other what George Carlin wrote or thought at any point in time.

- Mainly because, when he came out with those "seven little words", he laid the groundwork for my having to defend the right of Howard Stern to say anything he wants to, while I believe he's the indicator of a sick society.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Only because he made them totally public. The words already existed and were being used by nightclub comics long before then. But I totally agree that it opened the floodgates to what we have today. Not only with the likes of Howard, but even among our kids who think it totally acceptable to use foul language and do anything they want for all occasions. You can't stop "progress" but sure wish it would slow down just a little. At this rate, by next year we'll have to defend the rights of NAMBLA to do their thing.

Reply to
Spike