Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:42:54 -0400, C. E. White rearranged some electrons to form:

Well, at least he didn't claim that the 1st digit of the VIN indicates how much of the trailer hitch was made in the US, for a change.

Reply to
David M

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:16:34 +0000, Whitelightning rearranged some electrons to form:

True, but Toyota is not going to sell a carbureted pushrod engine in any car or truck model they make, ever.

Same for the Detroit-3.

Reply to
David M

More BS. You are making this up. I pointed you to an actual truck with a 4.2L V6, 5 Speed Manual ,and the Trailer Towing Package. I told you to go to the Ford website and build a truck that way - it will let you. It is programmed just like the dealer's order entry computer. I pointed you to the ordering guide that shows this as an acceptable combination,. Instead of admitting your error, you made up the above story.

Just to again prove that you are wrong I will post the VIN for a truck with the V-6, Manual Transmission, and Trailer Towing Package - F150 VIN 1FTRF12237NA36871 at Beach Ford in Virginia Beach Virginia has a

4.2L V-6, 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Trailer Towing Package and Air Conditioning. I know you are lazy and aren't likely to verify this - you'd rather just make something up. However, to make it extra easy for you, I have posted a copy of the window sticker for this truck at
. Go look. Then explain to me how this truck can exist. I can find plenty more if you don't like that one.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White
3b$1@kcnews01...

Thanks for the link. I am confused. If I go to

select

2500HD or 3500HD from the horizontal menu bar and then select engine choices from the vertical menu bar, they don't show the 8.1L V-8. Likewise, if I pick the Specification menu item from the far left menu, then select 2500HD or 3500HD from the horizontal menu, the only engine options listed are the 6.0L Gas Engine and the 6.6L Diesel. Even stranger, if I pick the "Build Your GMC" Menu Item, select 2007 and then pick the model drop down box, I don't see a choice for the 2500HD or 3500HD, only the 2500HD Classic or 3500HD Classic models (hold overs from last year). Weird. Yet your link clearly goes directly to a 2500HD (not classic). Finally, Edmunds.com doesn't list the 8.1L V-8 as an option for 2007 GMC 2500HD or 3500HD (not classic) but they do list it as an option for the "Classic" models.

Weird.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

messagenews:460285b2$1@kcnews01...

In your dreams. Nobody builds engines with carbs any more. Toyota doesn't sell any push rod engines in the US. Nextel cup cars are highly regulated versions of a 1972 Chevy Winston Cup Car. The suspension is a many times revised 1965 Ford NASCAR front suspension, and the rear suspension is a highly refined 1970 GMC truck coil spring suspension with a refined Ford 9 inch rear gear. Nobody builds anything that crude for a road car. The cheapest Kia you can buy in the US is more technologically advanced than any Nextel Cup Car. Nextel Cup Cars are highly polished turds, but they are still turds. And now, all the turds have to fit the same turdplate (i.e. template). If it wasn't for the decals, you would not be able to tell the cars apart. NASCAR has degenerated into WWE on asphalt. The money is good, the racing is fake.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Big Al wrote: >

The Dodge site now shows the Mega Cab as only available for the Ram 2500 or 3500.

Reply to
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That happened because the President, and many Republicans, wanted to move to the 'center' to gain Dimocrate support. Too bad they did not realize the only thing the Dims wanted was to get back in power, not do what is right for the country. If you doubt that look at what they are doing too the county, now that they are back in power.

.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Aw, geez, not this shit again.

If you think your statement does not apply in spades to the present administration (not saying whether or not it applies to any Dems) you're just as stupid as I always thought you were.

nate

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The big question is, why would you want a v6 f150?

Reply to
Picasso

Hey Mike,

I am still waiting for an explanation......

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Cheaper, better gas mileage, will do everything you need to do.

In my mind, a better question is why does anyone need a 5.7L 4 Door Pick-up with a hard tonneau cover over the pick-up bed?

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

To carry the crew of five, the tools and the front end loader on the trailer, for one ;)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Who buys a work truck and then covers the bed with a hard tonneau cover?

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

To secure their tools, for one. Ford trucks have a locking tailgate

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So does my Nissan Frontier. The biggest reason to have a locking tailgate is to keep it from being stolen.

People I know with a work truck who want to secure their tools have a tool box mounted in the bed. Hard tonneau covers are a pain in the rear if you actually haul stuff in the bed.

Reply to
C. E. White

Oh. Well, then that's how it's done, then.

And to think we liked them. Damn. Thank goodness you straightened us out.

Reply to
dh

I merely offered one reason, why the cover. The question did not address boxes, only the cover. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter