Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

Page 8 of 8

Thanks for the link. I am confused. If I go to www.gmc.com, select 2500HD or 3500HD from the horizontal menu bar and then select engine choices from the vertical menu bar, they don't show the 8.1L V-8. Likewise, if I pick the Specification menu item from the far left menu, then select 2500HD or 3500HD from the horizontal menu, the only engine options listed are the 6.0L Gas Engine and the 6.6L Diesel. Even stranger, if I pick the "Build Your GMC" Menu Item, select 2007 and then pick the model drop down box, I don't see a choice for the 2500HD or 3500HD, only the 2500HD Classic or 3500HD Classic models (hold overs from last year). Weird. Yet your link clearly goes directly to a 2500HD (not classic). Finally, Edmunds.com doesn't list the 8.1L V-8 as an option for 2007 GMC 2500HD or 3500HD (not classic) but they do list it as an option for the "Classic" models.
Weird.
Ed
Big Al wrote: >

The Dodge site now shows the Mega Cab as only available for the Ram 2500 or 3500.
--
***************************************************************************************************************************
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--

Scott in Florida

That happened because the President, and many Republicans, wanted to move to the 'center' to gain Dimocrate support. Too bad they did not realize the only thing the Dims wanted was to get back in power, not do what is right for the country. If you doubt that look at what they are doing too the county, now that they are back in power.
.
mike

Aw, geez, not this shit again.
If you think your statement does not apply in spades to the present administration (not saying whether or not it applies to any Dems) you're just as stupid as I always thought you were.
nate
Mike Hunter wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

mike

I don't understand what you are trying to say now. According to the ordering guide, if you get the 4.2L V6 with an automatic transmission, you get an auxiliary transmission cooler (apparently, you normally don't get an auxiliary transmission cooler at all with the V-6). If you get the 4.6L or 5.4L V-8s you get an UPGRADED radiator and an UPGRADED auxiliary transmission cooler. So with either V-8 and the trailer towing package, you get an upgraded radiator and an upgraded auxiliary transmission cooler (one of the V-8s is required to get the upgraded components). For the V-6 with the trailer towing package you get an auxiliary transmission cooler (you can't upgrade something that wasn't included in the first place). Go look at the complete ordering guide and things should be clear even to you. And I have already pointed you to an actual truck on a dealer's lot that included the trailer tow package and a V-6 engine. Wasn't that enough for you? Are you so dense that you can't recognize that you have the facts all screwed up?
Ed
You are free to interoperate it anyway you choose. The fact is if one types in the "trailer Tow Package" option, in the options section of the order screen at a dealership, this is what pops up "requires 4.6L or 5.4L Triton V8" for the person entering the order to chose the optional engine. If the order is submitted without the V8 you get a mis-built unit rejection.
mike

More BS. You are making this up. I pointed you to an actual truck with a 4.2L V6, 5 Speed Manual ,and the Trailer Towing Package. I told you to go to the Ford website and build a truck that way - it will let you. It is programmed just like the dealer's order entry computer. I pointed you to the ordering guide that shows this as an acceptable combination,. Instead of admitting your error, you made up the above story.
Just to again prove that you are wrong I will post the VIN for a truck with the V-6, Manual Transmission, and Trailer Towing Package - F150 VIN 1FTRF12237NA36871 at Beach Ford in Virginia Beach Virginia has a 4.2L V-6, 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Trailer Towing Package and Air Conditioning. I know you are lazy and aren't likely to verify this - you'd rather just make something up. However, to make it extra easy for you, I have posted a copy of the window sticker for this truck at http://home.mindspring.com/~cewhite3/ . Go look. Then explain to me how this truck can exist. I can find plenty more if you don't like that one.
Ed

Hey Mike,
I am still waiting for an explanation......
Ed
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:42:54 -0400, C. E. White rearranged some electrons to form:

Well, at least he didn't claim that the 1st digit of the VIN indicates how much of the trailer hitch was made in the US, for a change.
--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
C. E. White wrote:

The big question is, why would you want a v6 f150?

Cheaper, better gas mileage, will do everything you need to do.
In my mind, a better question is why does anyone need a 5.7L 4 Door Pick-up with a hard tonneau cover over the pick-up bed?
Ed
To carry the crew of five, the tools and the front end loader on the trailer, for one ;)
Mike

Who buys a work truck and then covers the bed with a hard tonneau cover?
Ed
To secure their tools, for one. Ford trucks have a locking tailgate
mike

So does my Nissan Frontier. The biggest reason to have a locking tailgate is to keep it from being stolen.
People I know with a work truck who want to secure their tools have a tool box mounted in the bed. Hard tonneau covers are a pain in the rear if you actually haul stuff in the bed.

Oh. Well, then that's how it's done, then.

And to think we liked them. Damn. Thank goodness you straightened us out.

I merely offered one reason, why the cover. The question did not address boxes, only the cover. ;)
mike