Re: GM, Ford reputations take a hit

Page 8 of 8

Or Korean in the case of GM's bottom end cars. From the cripple Korean company GM picked up on the bankruptcy trash heap. I looked at two of them when they first came out, obviously very inferior construction, just from a quick external look.
Do your own homework, WBMA
mike

Do you believe in God? ;)
mike

Why is it irrelevant, I believe in God. If one would site the Bible you will ask for proof. You're the one with the problem with believing things you read, show me were I'm wrong. ;)
mike

= Firestone in the USA. Doesn't Firestone manufacture in the USA anymore?
Personally I don't care. I've had Firestone tires twice on new cars and they were the tires I've ever had. So bad I had to trash them very early in their expected life.

As long as there are much better buys than the Smart, such as the Toyota Yaris, DC will not make money on the Smart.
The Smart is inadequate as a single car for two people. Two people can't even do their weekly grocery shopping with it. As a second car for commuting it's OK, but many would find public transport better. In Canada it did sell quite well in the first year, but it's been obvious many sales Iprobably most) were commercial.

Yet in Europe, it is a popular car and quite adequate. That said, I'll have a Fiat waiting for me at the Milan Airport. Not much bigger though.

these
I had to go to the Buick zone representative a few years ago when I encountered a dealership that couldnt seem to repair the serious problem, wasnt interested, and wouldnt listen.
After 5-6 visits to the dealership, with the service manager telling me he couldnt find the problem if is it intermittent, I asked him to let me ride with the mechanic and I would show him what was happening. No dice.
Then I asked if he had checked TSBs on this car. He said he had.
As soon as I called the rep, he knew immediately what was wrong, said that a bulletin had been issued, and contacted the dealership.
Within minutes the service manager called me, all upset, asking why I called zone, that it could get them in trouble. Tough shit!
The owner called me and apologized.
Yes, the manufacturer can demand quality if they want to.