Re: GM: Kill Pontiac

Of course the fact that you are wrong never entered your mind. You keep repeating old information. I have no idea why.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ya what would I know about this subject. I only have a degree in metallurgy, worked in auto manufacturing for thirty years as field engineer at the VW PA assembly plant and a structural design engineer for GM and Ford. Obviously you would know more. ;)

mike hunt

"C. E. White" wrote:

Reply to
IleneDover

At least in this case, the answer is yes. Thanks for acknowledging this. I am fairly confident that you are basing your whole twisted logic on press stories that are years old. Your years of experience have nothing to do with your claim. I don't understand why you continue to ignore the copious references that refute your claim. At some point did Ford consider using the DEW platform for the new Mustang? - yes! Does the new Mustang share some basic dimension with the LS? - no (neither wheelbase nor track, although the wheelbase is almost the same as a Thunderbird). Are some parts shared? - yes (but that is true of most Ford products). Are the "hard points" shared - no (the Mustang has different rear suspension mounting points and a completely different front structure). Is the suspension design shared (even the basic design) - No. Using your logic, we might as well claim the new Mustang is a variation of the Model A- after all, both have four wheel on the ground.

I don't doubt that when the initial layouts were done the LS chassis was a starting point. However, by the time the Mustang became a reality almost nothing of the LS design is left. From the articles available, it appears the Mustang shares one piece of the floor pan with the LS, although I suspect even this is a variation made off of the tooling and not the same physical part.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Well I've apparently accomplished something, at least not all of my time was wasted. You are are FINALLY referring to the chassis and its variations, not the numerous and sundry components that can be attached to it. My last comment on the subject, do some more research on chassis 'hard points,' at then you may begin to know something about vehicle chassis ;)

"C. E. White" wrote:

From the articles available, it

tooling and not the same physical part.

Reply to