Re: Highway Patrol officer helped slow a runaway Toyota Prius from 94 mph to a safe stop

Are you saying their are instruction in the Toyota owners manual that tells you what to do when your Toyota gets our of control and flies down the highway?

In article > , > TheTibetanM> >> Another of these little MOWING MACHINES runs out of control. My take >> on the issue is that Toyota sends the engineers with the highest IQ to >> work at Lexus, while those with very low IQ are assigned to Toyota. I >> know because I once owned a little Toyota Tercel. UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED, >> you know... > > That's funny--I just tried this. Went out on the highway, floored it, > kept my foot on the floor, and at about 78mph moved the little shift > lever over to N. > > Voila. Drive system disengaged, gas engine went to idle--even with my > foot firmly on the floor. > > And that's exactly what's supposed to happen. > > That some morons don't know how to operate heavy machinery is not > Toyota's problem. > > You know what happens when people get drunk and prove that they're not > able to control the vehicle? We throw them in jail. You know what > happens when people throw away the owner's manual and claim that "I > don't need that--I know how to drive"? We let them drive. > > Go figure.
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yes.

Reply to