Re: How much does it cost to replace both rear control arms?

wrote:
Do you even know what you are talking about? Replacing a camshaft belt is a very complicated job and costs a lot. Obviously you know nothing, go back to shool.

What's a "shool"? In your last post, almost everyone who replied told you that you were getting screwed on the price. It's NOT that complicated of a job, and shouldn't cost the $300 that you quoted. Good luck.

I don't think I got ripped off. I checked again. In fact it costs only $200 including labor and three belts were replaced, the camshaft belt, alternator/water pump belt and the serpintine belt.

snipped-for-privacy@nomorenewspamin.ca says...

with people over wrong answers when you give us bad info. I, among others, told you you got ripped paying 300 for a serpentine belt. For the third time, if you want a good answer, give us something CORRECT and COMPLETE to work with. Or are you just trolling? Here are your 4 posts on this subject up to now:
<begin quote> How much does it cost to replace driver belt? They are charging like $300, is this fair?
It is a Ford Tempo. Yes it is timing belt.
Actually I checked again, it is the engine drive serpintine belt and tensioner. The belt itself is cheap, but labor costs a lot.
The tensioner assembly itself is more expensive than the belts. </quote>
There is a HUGE difference between a serpentine belt for 300 and Timing, both drive belts, and tensioner for 200. In fact, you got a heck of a deal. If the same shop is doing the control arms, I'd say they've earned your trust on their prices. Now it's a question of whether or not the work needs to be done, but it sounds like they are legitimate to me. And yes, an alignment is necessary after this kind of work. 4 wheel alignment isn't cheap, especially with a decent warranty on it.
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:17:36 -0700, John Alt
I got the information wrong at first, because I did not have the receipt in front of me when I asked. Then I double checked the receipt and sorted out what type of belts I really got. I also did an oil change and a brake job so the receipt was long. Thanks

John opined in wrote:

Then even if the oil change and brake job werent on that invoice, oyu got a good deal... but look at the consternation you caused by asking the wrong question WITH the wrong facts!
Now look at my original post:
"FAQ: How to get help from this Board"
You dont go into any other serious endevour without facts in front of you, do you?