re:**I need answer quick please**LOST KEYS

also what do i need to get the key made the VIN ??

Reply to
EscapeME

thanks i got it towed there to ford (1/4 mile away) process to make both keys was 1.5hrs and was 125$ total. 35$ each key and programming is 50$

Reply to
EscapeME

Right now, before you lose one of your two keys... get at least one more (you can buy them brand new on ebay for about $15) take it to a locksmith, get it copied for a couple bucks, then program it into the computer yourself using the procedure in the owner's manual.

If you've got two working keys, you can program more, if not, it's back to the dealer and hand them another $50.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Excellent advice. I tell everyone I know that has this type of key to have at least 3. When my sister bought a 2004 Focus recently, I had her negotiate 4 keys as part of the deal. Sorry you had to be towed, but sounds like everything worked out ok.

CJB

Reply to
CJB