Re: knock sensor location 97 crown vic 4.6

Well it took a while but I got to test the MAF connected / not connected idea today with a warmed up engine and about 90 degree air. With MAF connected I get knock and ping from modestly heavy accelleration thru WOT. After disconnecting the MAF, no ping at all. I will remove the whole thing, examine it well, and clean. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll replace it. Of course, with gas the price it is, I may just decide I am hearing the "ping of economy" and start driving like I have a rotten egg under my foot...

Thanks to all!

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayon