Re: Misfire Code 97 Taurus Help

So not necessarily the coil pack itself, but it's connection to the #1 spark plug wire? That could be. Is there a way to examine/test the coilpack itself?

Robb wrote: > > > > My friend has a 97 Ford Taurus GL, with a 3.0L V6, not the DOHC one, > > approximately 60,000 miles. His check engine light keeps coming on. It > > always gives the code for cylinder 1 misfire. We have changed the spark plug > > (gapped correctly, autolite platinum), and changed the wire. The plug looked > > clean when we pulled it. We would clear the code, and after each time it > > would go for a couple days, then the light comes back on, with the same > > fault code. Anybody have any ideas as to what else could be causing this? > > His mechanic says he suspects the coil pack. I do not see how the coil pack > > could just affect one cylinder. Well, any help would be appreciated. Oh, by > > the way, the car seems to run just fine.......makes this a frustrating > > problem. Thanks. > > --Robb > maybe the contacts inside the No.1 location might be bad??? now do you > see how this might be the problem??????
Reply to
Robb

Thomas Moats

Hmmm, the car runs fine though, and you can not feel a miss. The only indicator that there is a malfunction is the service engine soon light........and the code for cylinder 1 misfire being pulled.

appreciated.

Reply to
Robb

Reply to
Thomas Moats

the coli pack will start on one cylender some times mine did it can ruin the transmission to how i dont know but i drove mine for 3 months missing till i figured out coilpack was bad and transmission is slipping

Reply to
Michael S. Dempsey