Re: Mustang lawsuit

Did they have to have permission to use the name Mycolor, or the actual changing of light colors?
Shawn

What does it matter. Person filed suit, Ford settled case closed.

"pick one" wrote

Awww... poor little guy. Yeah, right.
I hope you don't mind paying him royalties the next time you send an e-mail. Seems someone forgot to patent the method we all use to send mail over the net, you know.... snipped-for-privacy@someISP.com , so guess who jumped in a couple of years back and filed a patent on it...
Patent office entry: http://tinyurl.com/2c25j
It seems that Mr. Weyer (a lawyer by trade) has quite an extensive record of filing patents for things he didn't personally have any part in "inventing", then suing the users of said inventions.
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Jan/gee20040120023507.htm
This time, Ford got screwed (and sued) by "his" Mycolor patent.