Re: o2 sensors

Try filling it up with good gas and run a tank of gas thru it.

Carl

My 93 taurus is acting up. Running real rough, surging. Scan codes > come back as 172 and 176 which indicates neither front or back o2 > sensors are switching. Both are relatively new. Only a few k on it. > Front is about 30k old. > I did a bench test of front one with propane torch. Shows normal. Back > one much harder to get out so I haven't checked it yet. But I doubt it > would be a problem because it's "new". Other than a bad sensor anyone > think of other possible causes for these codes. > > Car just went through inspection in February. I did have a bad battery > problem where the car sat for several weeks. Seemed that when I got it > back on line was when I first noticed idle problem. At first I thought > it was water in the gas so I put a bunch of water out and injector > cleaners through the system to no avail. > > Any ideas would be appreciated. > > Thanks > JerseyJim
Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Thomas Moats

Reply to