Re: Off Topic! But a MUST READ

Well, here's what has happened historically in Europe... continue to ignore the problem until you cannot anymore, then go lunatic.
We see the thing happening right now... innocent people being attacked
for no other reason than they are arab.
Meantime the young PC idiots bemoan the recent shooting in the tube by the cop. SOMEHOW the cop SHOULD have known he was "innocent" of being a bomber... only running because he was illegal. Of course, if he HAD a bomb in that pack, and the cop DIDNT shoot.
The ONLY people who can resolve this are the Muslims, themselves. As long as they shelter the imams and sheiks from scrutiny, they are the problem.
As long as NONE is allowed to criticize from outside, and those who do from inside are labelled heretic, this will get worse.
Read up on "christianity in the dark ages".... that's what it is.
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:02:48 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Nice try at distortion. They didn't just "shoot" him to stop him. He WAS stopped and was on the ground whereupon multiple officers shot him in the head at point blank range. There is no other way to characterize it other then murder by the police. If you can condone that kind of murder by the police then you certainly have no right to object to the "terrorists" hacking off the heads of people they have captured. There is no difference in outcome, only in the means. And NEITHER should be acceptable by civilized people. I certainly find neither acceptable.

Ashton Crusher wrote: They didn't just "shoot" him to stop him. He

I hadn't heard this little tidbit. Where did you read\hear\see this information? I'd like to check it out.
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:32:24 -0400, Tom Adkins

Tom, This comment is more or less true. The guy was intentionally shot in the head and for a very good reason. This is considered a no-reflex kill in which no last ditch effort to activate a bomb could be made as/before he died. Had the police simply wounded or restrained him, and he did have a bomb strapped to his body, he may have been capable of setting it off in which case most of the same folks now complaining about the matter would have been raising hell about why the cops didn't immediately dispatch him to his ever-how-many virgins.
Lugnut

I know this is an old thread but further info that has come out is that the police had been following this guy for quite a while that morning and the "regular" police who were doing the following saw him doing nothing suspicious. The sad truth is that the "special" police simply murdered him because they could.
We were taught the same thing in hostage situations where there is a high probability of the hostage being killed... the idea is to get an officer behind the suspect (using distractions, and even to the point of the designated officer slipping off footwear for a quieter approach. Close enough for a well placed shot to the base of the skull. This severs the spinal cord. At that point the suspect, even with a cocked weapon at the hostage's head and a finger on the trigger, the hostage is safe. The suspect can not, at that point activate any muscles, and in fact, drops like a sack of spuds. This is a last resort action, and a bomb situation would apply.
wrote:

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!
And what would have been the claim AGAINST the police if the had allowed the subject to activate a device which killed and injured dozens? When YOU have been in the position to make a life or death decision come on back. By the way, was it the suspect or the cops who were driving a Ford product?
wrote:

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address