Re: OIL&FILTER

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:30:38 -0500 (EST), JACK wrote:

That's insane. Most places will change the oil and filter for you for around $15 or $20.
Are they going to do a whole tune-up or something too, for that price?
If not, changing it yourself is easy, if you have the tools (inexpensive) and the desire.

I don't know about the differences and tradeoffs, so no comment about this.

The ones that go with the engine. :-). Go to a local parts shop and ask them for the spark plugs for that car. The ones for my BII were $1.50 apiece. Or just have the service station doing the oil change do that job as well.

I hope this is your second oil change you are talking about!

You're welcome.
-D
--
Emacs is a nice operating system, it lacks a decent editor though

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/ jabber: snipped-for-privacy@dman13.dyndns.org
the spark plugs fitted to the zetec are platinum and good for 40k miles. NGK....PTR5-A also you should bear in mind the zetec uses 5w-40 mineral based oil,...mobil 1 is NOT recomended for this engine,

What? I've owned two 2.0l engines. A Zetec, and the SOHC version. I've never seen the recommendation for 5w40 oil. For that matter, the only 5w40 I've seen is Shell Rotella Synthetic.
CJ
error on my behalf, i meant 5w20............... true ive never come across reccomended 5-40 either...or even used it for that matter

Well, you're still not quite right. 5w20 didn't become a Ford specified oil until 2001 or so, and 5w20 is semi-synthetic.
CJ

My Ford dealer charges about $21 for oil, filter, lube & top off of fluids. Oh, they do a "safety check" too so they can sell me other services.
PoD