Re: OT Cheney - Cutting Gas Tax Stupid

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:44:30 +0000 (UTC), Kevin

Good talking point but not true. Medicare. Most efficient health care provider on earth. Far better than HMOs and other for-profit entities. No need to pull a profit out of the deal which leaves more money for actually keeping people healthy. That's why every industrialized country on earth has such a system. Only the US has too much corruption in the political process to allow something rational. Plus we have the folks who are scared of anything labeled "socialized medicine".

they

is
of

The gov by it very structure can do almost nothing efficiently. Medicare is the very model of inefficient. Huge amounts of wasted money. Just about the last model you should want to use. Gov health care anywhere in the world is not as good as in the US. Very few medical breakthroughs elsewhere compaired to here. That is why so many come to the US for private health care. If we removed the insurance crap and let the people shop for care the cost would plumit, (if the gov is for the most part kept out). KB
--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them
You do not know what you are talking about. HMO's provides far MORE coverage than Medicare and, at a lower price than Medicare. I'm 82 and have an HMO, Senior Blue, since I was 65 and I have never had a single problem getting coverage from my HMO.
Do a search and you will discover Medicare as currently operating will go broke in a relative few short years. It is Medicare's ridiculously high reimbursement rates, paid to hospital the cover the "FREE" care they are required to provide under the Hill Burton Act to cover those that are uninsured, that is bankrupting the Medicare system. The systems that you think are so good in other countries are going broke as well and they provide inferior serves to the people.
I recently had some minor skin surgery where the Medicare reimbursement rate was over $7,000. The HMO receives the $7,000 than pay a pre-negotiated rate of $3,700 that is accepted by the hospital. The HMO uses the money saved to provide us with extended benefits not available to us under Medicare