Re: Questions on 2001 F350 Brakes

Shouldn't your truck still be under warranty? Mark

Yea, the truck is still under warranty. The folks at the Ford service center I towed her too said that worn brake pads aren't covered under the warranty and the additional damage to the rotors was because of the worn pads.. They also said the pedal hitting the floor was because the rear brakes didn't have enough pad to engage the rotor. Because the rear pads didn't feedback pressure to the brake line, the front pads also didn't engage. Personnaly, I think thats a snow job. But I'm not a mechanic and thats why I'm looking for someone with more experience to either set me straight or support my gut feeling.
Thanks for replying to my original post. Brent
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 02:57:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote:

The only way the service brakes would have been covered were if the pads were worn down due to a mechanical malfunction that was under warranty especially at the mileage you were at. At 33k miles I would expect the brakes both front and rear would need at least relining.