Re: re 95 mustang with un indexed driveshaft

aka achmeed snipped-for-privacy@tewe.com aka allotavagina@ eee zee post aka babe ruth aka bert@yellowstone_.com aka b_black@_jtec.com aka dave snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
aka dw aka ed@hotmail_.com aka snipped-for-privacy@me.com aka fredo (fredf@hotmail_.com) aka fref@_abc.com aka fordly
aka greg (greg@hotmail_.com) aka george ( snipped-for-privacy@ezzzzzzzpost.com) aka hank arron ( snipped-for-privacy@ezzzzzzzpost.com aka Hanson5619 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) aka snipped-for-privacy@home.com aka hurricane_ast@hotmail aka ivan from canmore@ nbc.com aka lee aka mark welschbyte-me@ nbc.com aka me@_home_.com aka mechanixx@_hotmail_.com aka mike sinclair ( snipped-for-privacy@nerdshive.com) aka minimee@ ezzzzzzpost.com aka Monica Lewinski aka quality snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com aka pmike aka rmike aka robert@yellowstone_.com aka snipped-for-privacy@marlin.com aka Sk8er boy 765575 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) aka snipped-for-privacy@newark.com aka sw ( snipped-for-privacy@ezzzzzzzpost.com) aka uncle snipped-for-privacy@tus.com aka urri (urri) aka you_@_me_.com aka snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com aka snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
...wrote:

He has a Blue Walrus. Much better than some crappy Red Seal.

Does that mean you're taking Tom up on his offer?

You can't figure it out? What a hack.
Look at the pinion flange where the driveshaft was bolted on. See the nice clean outline inside the exposed dirty area? Looks kinda like a "shadow" of the driveshaft's flange, doesn't it?

Always? Even if you're replacing both u-joints? Or the pinion flange? Or the driveshaft? Or the rear driveshaft flange? How about if you're replacing the entire rear end?

Apparently "collage boy" does. He was asked that question before as how to reassemble the pinion as per Ford's shop manual ( he claims to be a master, so he would quite obliviously follow the shop manual too a tee ). He said to index the pinion nut. The shop manual says to throw away the pinion nut.