Re: re 95 mustang with un indexed driveshaft

aka barney rubble aka president bush aka wilma aka acheam acheam aka achmeed snipped-for-privacy@tewe.com aka allotavag> i thought you were LICENCED

He has a Blue Walrus. Much better than some crappy Red Seal.

f*ck man

Does that mean you're taking Tom up on his offer?

>To make a long story short.... We should try to index the driveshaft > >correctly. If we pay attention to the "shadow" on the pinion flange, we have > >a 50% chance of being right on reassembly. > what the f*ck is a shadow

You can't figure it out? What a hack.

Look at the pinion flange where the driveshaft was bolted on. See the nice clean outline inside the exposed dirty area? Looks kinda like a "shadow" of the driveshaft's flange, doesn't it?

U ALWAYS INDEX

Always? Even if you're replacing both u-joints? Or the pinion flange? Or the driveshaft? Or the rear driveshaft flange? How about if you're replacing the entire rear end?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

"MasterBlaster"

Apparently "collage boy" does. He was asked that question before as how to reassemble the pinion as per Ford's shop manual ( he claims to be a master, so he would quite obliviously follow the shop manual too a tee ). He said to index the pinion nut. The shop manual says to throw away the pinion nut.

Reply to
pick one