Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?

I am surprised. I know Datsun 280Zs had plastic tanks in 1976. I am thinking that plastic tanks are actually a good thing.
Ed
on 6/5/2008 7:06 AM C. E. White said the following:

Yes, they are easier and safer than metal when drilling holes in the tank to steal gas, as has been happening lately. Drilling into the tank with cordless drills won't cause a spark which may result in injury or death to the thieves, and thereby limiting the amount of damages you may have to pay for injuring the thief from other reasons, like dropping the drill on their face.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:41:17 -0400, willshak wrote:

Take your cordless drill into a completely darkened room and hit the trigger, and tell me there isn't a spark! You still have a rotor, a stator and brushes, and any time you have those, you can generate a spark.
Maybe a few will start blowing these bastards to hell...
C. E. White wrote:

I find it ironic that part of the solution to conserving petroleum uses products made from petroleum (plastics).

Of course you know plastics are made from the garbage that remains once all the useful stuff has been distilled from a barrel of crude... This garbage was priorly dumped as useless before scientists learned how to play with the molecules.
--
Tegger