Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?

> The tank is actually steel? I thought everyone changed to plastic >> tanks

>> years ago. >> >> Ed > > Not this car...'88 Supra, still has a metal tank.

I am surprised. I know Datsun 280Zs had plastic tanks in 1976. I am thinking that plastic tanks are actually a good thing.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

on 6/5/2008 7:06 AM C. E. White said the following:

Yes, they are easier and safer than metal when drilling holes in the tank to steal gas, as has been happening lately. Drilling into the tank with cordless drills won't cause a spark which may result in injury or death to the thieves, and thereby limiting the amount of damages you may have to pay for injuring the thief from other reasons, like dropping the drill on their face.

Reply to
willshak

Take your cordless drill into a completely darkened room and hit the trigger, and tell me there isn't a spark! You still have a rotor, a stator and brushes, and any time you have those, you can generate a spark.

Maybe a few will start blowing these bastards to hell...

Reply to
hachiroku

I find it ironic that part of the solution to conserving petroleum uses products made from petroleum (plastics).

Bill Putney

Bill Putney wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Of course you know plastics are made from the garbage that remains once all the useful stuff has been distilled from a barrel of crude... This garbage was priorly dumped as useless before scientists learned how to play with the molecules.

Reply to
Tegger