Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?

wrote:

I don't think it is a fake. I read a SAE Paper that drew similar conclusions but with a lot of caveats. As I recall the authors speculated that the new oil acted like a solvent and that it dissolved the wear reduction materials from the surface of components. This led to increase wear rates for those components.
You might want to read the follow abstracts of SAE papers:
http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2007-01-4133 http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2006-01-1099 http://www.sae.org/technical/papers/2003-01-3119
Regards,
Ed White