Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?

"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote in message

Are you sure about that? As I recall the wiring diagram for the SO's RAV4, there is not a separate feed for a low fuel level switch. I'll check the wiring diagrams this evening when I get home.
Ed

I am pretty sure but not positive that there is a separate sensor for the low fuel warning light.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote in message

Well it looks like we are both right...at least in a way.
For older Camrys there is a low fuel switch, but it is part of the fuel level sender unit (not separately replaceable). For the newer RAV4s, there is not a separate switch at all (just two wires feed the computer).
Ed