Re: Replacing 68 Front Windshield??

> Hi there, > > I am looking for info on how and what I would require to replace my 1968 > Mustang convertible front windshield. Any sources of reference will be > appreciated. > > Please forward all reponses to snipped-for-privacy@iafrica.com > > Kind regards, > Jeff (South Africa)

do you have a book on the 68 mustang.. i had a 66 mustang since it was new and kept it about 10 yrs. and in the old book i HAD, it showed how the windshield along with all the other glasses who they were placed into the car.... i do know from hearing this along time ago.. lived across from a body shop when a kid.. the guys at the body shop were real good body and fender, and painting guys, but when it came to windshields they would break them so they just got a company to come out and do it for them.... if you have any metal deformaties in the area where the glass going to go it will break as soon as you put pressure on it....... if you already have the glass why not go to one of these places and ask what they would charge to put in the new windshield..... might be the best idea>>>>>

Reply to
jim

Yeah, remember, glass is quite heavy!

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

Hi,

It is probably held in with butyl tape. You remove the old one with a $15 windshield knife, clean it up and put the correct adhesive on the frame and new butyl tape on the new windshield and put it in with any spacers at the bottom just like it was originally.

Reply to
Scott