Re: Replacing alternator on 1978 Fairmont (Cobra Boy) wrote in message

Shiite..I must be in the wrong biz...$500 for an alternator and labor...Must be gold plated Mr.G$$dwrench labor. :/ The part probably costs about a tenth of that.

I would too, at that quoted price. Don't worry. It's easy. You should be able to do it in less than an hour. Disconnect the battery before you start. Label the wires or draw a pix if you think you might get confused where they go back. MK