Re: Replacing struts: 99 Taurus

Eric Toline opined in news:8188-3F039E6E-156@storefull-

2318.public.lawson.webtv.net:

Is front strut replacement mileage dependent or for other reasons? Case

> in point, 49k on the car with no shake, wobble or other handling factors > that might indicate replacement is needed. > > OTOH, tire cupping develops on new tires at about 15k miles even with > rotation every 4-5k miles. > > Before I have the struts replaced is there something else that might > cause the cupping? > > Eric > >

If the cupping is fairly even around the entire tread, the problem is usually shocks.

If NOT evenly distributed, bad tires or balancing... or both.

Stay away from discount retail store tires... esp NAtional brands, in my experience.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Re: Replacing struts: 99 Taurus Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Fri, Jul 4, 2003, 3:35am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@Yaywho.com (Backyard=A0Mechanic) Eric Toline opined in news:8188-3F039E6E-156@storefull-

2318.public.lawson.webtv.net:

Is front strut replacement mileage dependent or for other reasons? Case in point, 49k on the car with no shake, wobble or other handling factors that might indicate replacement is needed. OTOH, tire cupping develops on new tires at about 15k miles even with rotation every 4-5k miles. Before I have the struts replaced is there something else that might cause the cupping? Eric

If the cupping is fairly even around the entire tread, the problem is usually shocks.

Reply to
Eric Toline

Eric Toline opined

Reply to