Re: Report: Ford Focus was best-selling nameplate in 2012

No, it's an even better ride. If you loved your Focus, I believe you will love an Escape.

Hmmm... aren't both the Focus & Escape GDI now? They haven't been run long enough in real world conditions to draw a conclusion... far as I'm concerned.
GDI seems simple enough on the surface, but if you dig into it, it's really rather complex.
Seems like I heard something about a minor (but possibly catastrophic) GDI related emergency recall with the Escape recently... something about high pressure injection lines splitting. I do know GDI systems involve some stupid high fuel pressures. Think I heard they even wanted owners to have the cars towed in.
Will also be interesting to see how well they deal with the GDI intake valve deposit issue... remember, with GDI, there is no fuel passing through the intake valves to assist in keeping them clean, but the PCV spooge remains, and increases with time/mileage. Especially susceptible will be those who neglect regular oil changes.
Just a couple of thoughts...
Erik

I've driven both the previous generation Escape as well as the current one. The new one is the hands down winner! Much more comfortable, more stable and nimble handling, and gets better gas mileage to boot...

That recall was July 2012, and I doubt you'll find any unrepaired Escapes for sale at this date.

Ford's been producing GDI engines and selling them for a few years now in the US. I've heard of NO issues with the Ecoboost engines like you mention above. If anyone else has, feel free to chime in...