Re: Selling to W.Africa?

It's most likely a scam. This type of thing has been going on all over the place. They indeed send a check...a bad one! Or you get the run around and are fooled into allowing the product to be sent, bu tyou never do get paid.

My partner and I have been trying to sell a 2 year old filly on ranchmart.com and we've gotten the same response as you. Of course, this was a breeder in Nigeria or some such nonsense. But RanchMart.com sent out a message to all subscribers stating the guy in Africa is a scam.

I've also goten the same response by listing items for sale on epage.com - So it's all over the place.

-Steve

I have an ad in my local paper, called the Recycler, to sell my '96 > Windstar. I got a response from someone in West Africa. Is it for real or > a scam? It is shown below. > your thoughts appreciated. > > "My name is Mark Nelly, i am Located in West Africa, I'm interested in > buying > your 1996 Ford Windstar for one of my clients and I have a shipping agent > that use > to ship the items that I bought from U.S so don't bother yourself about the > shipping > and the titles, my shipping agent will take good care of that. I want this > 1996 Ford > Windstar delivered to my client as soon as possible so I'll call my client > in U.s to > send a certified cheque to you soon. I want to know why you want to sell > it, also i > want you to send your bottom price along with the picture and brief me a > little > concerning the present condition. > Waiting for your immediate response.. > Regards > Mark " > > > >
Reply to
Steve Reinis

he is gonna send you a certified bank check for more than the price of the car or someone is gonna deliver it... then you have to pay for the agent(money out of your pocket ) the when the cert. bank check gets to the bank a few days go by and then you find out that the bank check is bad and you are out of the money or check that you gave to the agent... its an old scam thats been going on out of africa for some time.......

Reply to
jim