Re: Service Engine Light On/Computer Codes

P1537,p1538,p1573, and p1443 can up on my 96 windstar van. What do I replace?

Reply to
mellow

P1537 and P1538 indicate a problem with the Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC)... P1573 is undocumented as far as the 96 PC/ED is concerned... might have to do some extra research there.... P1443 is an IAC error and *may* have to do with the IMRC. Rather than any simple replacement, there will be some diagnostic process required. I haven't too much experience with IMRC (rare for me to work on anything with spark plugs, lately) but I would probably start by making sure that the IMRC valves are free to move. I understand that early systems used vacuum actuators and later systems used electronic actuators.

If the concern isn't too severe, I may be able to free up some time to study the system and offer more help later.... just not possible for the next couple of days. Perhaps someone familiar with any "pattern" failures (other than the mouthpiece) that may be able to step up to the plate in the interim.

I'll try to check back on your post in the next couple of days to see if any better help has come your way.

Reply to
Jim Warman