Re: Supercharged Vic?

The Marauder is a Grand Marquis, not a CV and it is not supercharged but uses the 305 HP 4 cam 4.6. The SVT Mustang is the supercharged 4.6 4 cam engine 390 HP.

mike hunt
Mike S wrote:

one of the car magazines (maybe more than 1) did a hop-up of a CV a year or so before the Marauder was released. It might have been Car & Driver... They did quite a bit of performance stuff to it. You might check Ford SVT (or whatever the performance division is called) for factory hop-up supplies. They probably have gobs of stuff from bolt-on to total rebuild. Of course, many folks swear aftermarket performance chips and dual exhaust are all you really need... There used to be useful stuff on www.crownvic.net and in the forums of www.blueovalnews.com but the last time I looked at them a lot of flaming was there but not much else... of course, the archives may tell you what you need.
I hope this is helpful
Paul in Dayton

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Grand Marquis nearly identical to the Crown Victoria? Same platform, different badging among other little details/options.
Also, there IS a supercharged marauder called the Marauder-S. I don't know if it's an official Ford distribution or a tuner's car (similar to what Brabus does to Mercedes and Dinan does to BMW)
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote in message

Check out the P2 Panther by Kenny Brown.
All you could ever hope for from a Crown Vicky.
Rob * * *

am
if you check with ebay right now, someone is offering a vic w/supercharger. it has lots of pictures and 2 mpegs to show what it can do.
hope this helps
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional
Superchargers eating gas is a myth. On average they only decrease gas mileage by 3%. So if you were getting 20 miles a gallon, with a supercharger you will still get 19.4. The problem comes in because a lot of people that run them on the street have a tendency to :
A - not need them B - still believe in a free lunch C - acquire an acute case of Pedantic Plumbius, commonly referred to as Lead Foot.
note that item C is the major cause of poor fuel economy and has nothing to do with superchargers
Applications for which a supercharger is a good idea -
Racing Hauling gravel Increasing the amount of chrome under your hood
Applications for which a supercharger is a bad idea -
Anything else
--
Ignorance is the curse of God, Knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to
heaven. --Shak