RE Taurus 3.8 head gasket

Well I had a friend of mine come over with a tool that checks for leaks in the cooling system.. The head gasket is fine.. it held 15 plus psi for
5-10 min with no problems. Had a bad air lock though
FWIW... faced with the pressures that a combustion chamber experiences, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in using a radiator pressure tester for testing head gasket seal... Your 15 PSI is small potatoes compared to what the CC does idling.
If was as simple as most seem to think, I'd be out of a job...

On Fri, 12 May 2006 05:35:49 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Did you try cranking the engine during this little test?? I've seen head gasket failures that acted like check valves... combustion pressures are a good deal higher than 15psi...
SteveL
snipped-for-privacy@not.a.real.address.com wrote:

Check all the plugs. You find the "clean one" and your question is answered......
Bob
-