Re: Taurus Won't turn over

BOB URZ wrote:

battery is not the problem (per local gas station who would have gladly sold her one)
LB
If you turn the key and nothing happens, perhaps it's in the PATS system (coded key) signal not being received by the computer... Possibly worst case though, and I don't know what the fix would be...
Definately make sure your battery terminals are clean though...
r/ -IanCT

station say it was ?
Bill
berkshire bill wrote:

They replaced the stater:-(( That had no effect other than lightning her wallet.
neutral safety switch, ignition switch, not sure how the starter gets it power but have seen a number of bad/broken connections in other vehicles. try starting it in neutral rather than park. if it was your battery you would lose your radio presets also battery would not charge with bad connections.

see if your headlights are bright when trying to crank.
Try starting in neutral, maybe your safety switch is bad
Well I had the same problem my car would not start at all after a 4 hr. battery charge. I took the car to Discount auto to run a test on the battery and the battery said good. Next step was to run a wire from the positive terminal to the starter relay. Wow the car started. Next I had to figure out wheter it was the igntion switch or the neutral switch. I took out the igniation switch and examinied it it looked okay. Next I located the neutral switch and pulled it off. I notice it had cracks on the bottom side. I took it to the ford dealer and they had one for the low price on 100.oo yikes and what a chance did I take because they do not take returns on electrical parts. I put it in and the car started great. Hope this helps! I can send a few digital pictures but i dont know if its the same location I have a 1990 Taurus and it does a great job of keeping my tools from rusting. LOL

Dan wrote:

Thank you.
Printed and will show mechanic.
LB