Re: Taurus Won't turn over

> jim wrote: > > > snipped-for-privacy@bounceall.net wrote: > > > > > > The little lady's 2000 Taurus has decided that sometimes (but not every > > > time) it will not turn over. Does anyone know of any Ford notices or > > > does anyone have ideas (experience) on the problem. > > > > > > TIA > > > > > > LB > > about time for a new battery,, no recall on batteries....... > > Clean the cables first, If still wacked, agreed. Battery time. > Seems like they last 3 years if your lucky any more. > > BOB > >
Reply to
nospam

If you turn the key and nothing happens, perhaps it's in the PATS system (coded key) signal not being received by the computer... Possibly worst case though, and I don't know what the fix would be...

Definately make sure your battery terminals are clean though...

r/

-IanCT

Reply to
IanCT

Reply to
berkshire bill

Reply to
nospam

see if your headlights are bright when trying to crank.

Try starting in neutral, maybe your safety switch is bad

Reply to
Paul L

Reply to
600 XCR