Re: The Auto Industy's 2nd Biggest Fear

Page 3 of 4
On Feb 8, 11:52 pm, "V-for-Vendicar"

Yeah, by one whose sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling is just so fine.............

Not educated by this point, however I do stand corrected.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

wrote

I am sorry you are a fuc*ing idiot. Alum. will corode quite easy, unless it has a very good protective coating on it. salt will destroy it almost as fast as other metals. I have seen much alum. corroded. Try looking at alum trucks and trailers. They last longer than straight steel but not a miricle. KB
--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them

I just posted a corrosion chart above. The rate of corrosion for heavy exposure to salt is 1/80th the rate that the steel in your current car corrodes. And under moderalt salt exposure 1/10th of the rate at which the steel in your car corrodes.
Bend over Kevin. GM's cock want's to butt fuck you again..........

They last about 10 times longer for the same thickness of material.
You like being Milked by GM don't you Kevin?
V-for-Vendicar wrote:

his mannerism and conduct on this list leaved a lot to be desired. A shame really. I have never been a conservative, but if this is representative of the liberal mentality, then colour me kkkonservative.

The big problem is salt on the roads. Every hear of Al boat hulls in salt water. BIG corrosion problems.
Anyway current car designs have no frame corrosion problems for normal use for a normal life span.

It's not a problem at all.
Average annual metal corrosion rates after long-term exposure for various climates and pollution levels
Salt Exposure none moderate high
Alunimun .0003 .009 .0194 Weatheing Steel .023 .09 .810 Carbon Steel .04 .26 2.19 304 Stainless .000025 .000127 .0004 316 Stainless .000025 .000025 .000028
So unless you own a Delorian, corrosion rates due to weathering are 1/10th to 1/100th what your current car experiences.

The normal life span is shit. Planned to match your ability to afford to purchase a new one just as a the cattle milking cycle is designed to match a cows capacity to produce.
The AmeriKKKan public just love to be milked like the cattle they are.
pj wrote:

Shame Mercedes has never made a profit with smart, too!

Their frame is pretty much optimal. Engine needs better mialage, and it's near perfect for electric conversion.

If they were that small I'd have to stop driving as they don't meet my basic driving needs. I'm not including the Beetle, I've owned 3 but they are no longer available.
Although it would be a squeeze, the Toyota Yaris sedan could meet our needs.
The Smart Car is very dumb, my wife and I couldn't even go grocery shopping in it. We need space for groceries and of course golf clubs.
Some O turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

That's one of my biggest gripes.
Here the automakers strive for "mileage" but all they can do is shrink the cars and try to fit us like sardines in tin cans.
I'm sorry - I don't drive cars that are shorter than I am tall. (No, I'm not 106", that's just a figure of speech.)
Of course, it would be interesting to see one these micro cars with the motorcycle engine do zero to 60 in three seconds....