Re: tom fails basic electricity

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:59:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

LMFAO
bullcrap as a matter of fact you better learn what a diode does
hurc ast
hurc ast
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:00:58 GMT, glover snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I know very well what a diode does. I even have a pretty good idea how. I also know that they DO fail, and how. A diode can be used as a rectifier, as a switch, as a detector, a light source, and a light detector among many other things. I have used them for all the above in many different projects - Copper Oxide, Selenium, Germanium, Galium Arsenide, Silicon, and vacuum tube(heated and cold cathode type) types.I've even made a few (crystal detectors) back when you were still a gleam in your Daddy's eye.

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:07:15 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

great how many electrons do they use in a crystal
lmfao your on the spot now
hurc a s t

Because you don't know, and you want us to educate you?
It's basically a "one-way valve" that allows the alternator to pump electricity out to the battery, and keeps the electricity from draining backwards through the stator's windings to ground. Of course, if one or more of the diodes goes bad and shorts itself, there's nothing keeping the battery from being drained through the diode. And before you mention the key being off (again), the key doesn't break the direct connection between the alternator output and battery, it only controls the power to the field windings.

Yep, there we go... Once again, Hurc admits he's wrong (in a roundabout way) by trying to change the subject to some stupid question with no answer, and which has absolutely no relevance to the original poster's problem.