Re: Toyota and some others got caught lying (inflating their horsepowe

Car makers, unlike aircraft makers, don't give performance specs., period.
Do a Google search for "specifications Beechcraft Bonanza" and see for
yourself. Then do the same for a Buick.
Car makers don't give specs we might be interested in: Full Load acceleration, braking, top speed, grade climbing performance, etc. at various ambient temperatures and elevations. Specs are embarrassing.
Keep in mind at 5000 feet on a hot day that V-8 of yours is lucky to accelerate your fully loaded Impala or Galaxie 500 out of its own exhaust smoke.
We know that. We dont care.. remember, shithead, when you said the auto industry was a century behind aicraft developmnet?
That would put it at 1906 when Orville was test flying the "B" model around the flood plains of Dayton. Hell, we're lucky if we dont break our arms cranking the damn things!
Does the doctor assign writing this crap to you for mental exercise or what?
.. AND.. "fully loaded Impala or Galaxie 500 " Yeah.. they'll probably vapor lock too!
Bugs said it best... What a nincowpoop, wotta maroon!
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, but at least I'm not a freakin MOONBAT!

It's all-around.
The aircraft industry is behind car industry, (for small planes anyways)
A small Cesna or Piper plane will have technologies that are behind cars, but reliable. (maybe not as fuel afficient, but trusted, time-tested technologies will be used.)
I remember one of the planes in our hanger while I was learning Avionics, it had a small 4-banger Porsche engine driving the propeller. It was a carburated engine, not fuel injected, and had lots of old-school tech inside. (analog gauges for everything, etc...
I don't mind (even if I'll really get pissed) getting stuck on a road with my car's computer dying, or one of the thousand sensor/electronic stuff. I wouldn't even want to try that on a small plane :)
You *CAN'T* use hazards while parked on clouds :)
Even if I miss old carburated car engines, modern engines are more fuel-efficient, pollution-free and economical than old muscle car beasts (even if I miss the pure,brute power).
Don't get me wrong, I used to own a 4-barrel 351C modified to about 400HP (1979 Heritage T-bird), I'm looking for a M3 bimmer right now.
I do miss the T-Bird, (but in corners, my 1995 Contour will it anytime) Heck, my 1979 22R 5-speed Celica GT cornered around it :)
--

(\_ _/)