Re: Toyotas & Honda ETC.

That's easy, J D Power surveys are quantified, CRs reports are not, they use raw data.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Good example. Checking the box that asks yes or no, if you had a Transmission Problem can be anything from minor adjustment to the linkage, to a total failure on the CR survey and they do not quantify their replies.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

In message , Canuck57 writes

We have a programme here called "Top Gear" and although it takes the piss out of people, it does make some serious points. German manufacturers tend to be in a group, whether Merc, BMW, Opel or Ford, and they have made the point that considering the makers, Ford "stack em high and em cheap" whereas BMW "stack em high and sell them expensive" . Us British know that Ford are cheaper than BMW, that doesn't make them inferior, just that prats with money will give it away to impress their friends. Remember when Ford owned Jaguar, nearly all the Jaguar parts were standard to the Mondeo, or Mundane as it was known this side of the pond.

Reply to
Clive

In message , Derek Gee writes

Do you know much about our "Which?" Surveys then.

Reply to
Clive

In message , Mike Hunter writes

Biased by their advertising.

Reply to
Clive

No longer true Mike, as usual you are wrong again. Ford now outsells GM... I told you it would happen, you just refuse to listen to common sense. My next prediction is GM will be #3 in monthly sales by the end of 2010.

You personal opinion does not jive with the fact the top selling vehicle in

Reply to
Canuck57

But the list is for long term reliability. I know a few BMW owners that love the cars, but not the maintenance. My experience is limited, but last time I went to NYC with a friend in a Beemer, I took the train home, he took a tow truck. But they are lots more fun to drive than the Buick or Mercury

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Here in North America we used to get the Lada, and also the Dacia (which was not Russian, but was eastern block))

We don't get anything Indian. Yet.

Reply to
clare

Depends who's going to have to pay for the maintenance/repairs.

I've always said anyone who thinks he's someone, or wants to show he's done well for himself needs to own one BMW and one Cadillac.

One of each will be enough!

Reply to
clare

No. I just said just because people continued to buy the crap didn't mean they were good - and that the theory GM must be making good cars because so many people continued to buy them was a flawed theory.

Reply to
clare

In message , snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca writes

Dacia and Logan are just stripped down Renaults, though owned by them, made for the eastern European market.

Reply to
Clive

The Dacis's we got over here were versions of the R12 several years after the R12 went out of production with just enough changes that most parts ( at least those we checked) didn't fit our 1972 R12 Rallye car.

Reply to
clare

Again our friend Canuck57 is wrong. GM is still the top seller year to date. To say Ford has passed GM in sales based on one of two months is like saying the football team leading at the end of the first half is the winner. Ford may well out sell GM eventually, but GM is still number one today, dummy.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually we do, the Ford Transit Connect sold in the US is made in India. It was given a great revue in one of the buff magazines.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Get real, you answered you own question when you said no. Buyers do not continue to buy the same brand over and over if one or two that they owned was problematic, period

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So how does it feel to be wrong again? And again?

Are you sure you didn't work for GM? You would fit in.

GM, #2 and fall> Again our friend Canuck57 is wrong. GM is still the top seller year to

Reply to
Canuck57

Wasn't aware it ( the Transit Connect) was made in India, and although I've seen a couple on dealer lots here in Canada I have YET to see even ONE on the road.

And actually, I just checked - the North American Transit Connect is NOT manufactured in India. It is built in, of all places, TURKEY, but will be built in the Wayne Michigan or Louisville Kentucky plants for

2012.
Reply to
clare

Still living in the past are you...