Re: What are normal hi and lo side A/C press. for my van?

Jim Caldwell opined in

It aint gonna go much below that or the evap will freeze

A little low

Well I dont do that... I just run the sucker on max full blower and make sure the low switch doesnt cycle.
But maybe you should ask on:
http://www.aircondition.com /
There are no "normal" pressures, especially in a vehicle. They are determined by outside air temp and engine RPM, to name a couple. The system should be checked with the RPM's at about 2500- that's considered average cruising RPM. If you can get 50 deg. air coming out of the dash vents at that RPM, the problem is not in the charge, but more likely an air flow issue. I used to check the cars I worked on with the fan on medium and the fresh air vent open. At those settings and at 2500 RPM, the frost line would get to about 18-24 inches from the compressor (depending on the car). Tom F.

very
says
vehicle
should