Re: What constitutes 'severe duty' to a spark plug - re 98 Ford Club Wagon 5.4L

I'll change the plugs, but I don't think they're responsible for my stalling problem. I like your idea. I have a CDROM mechanic's manual ('98 Ford) that says the
same thing. However, I can't find the IAC in the manual...or under the "hood" (which is a nasty place to look for anything). Can you tip me on where this IAC would be? The manual says to disable the IAC, and observe a change in idle. Disablement should adversely affect idle.. And of course it will because my problem manifests only occasionally

save your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ buy a good quality throttle body cleaner in spray can about 10-20 bucks remove pipe to throttle body so butterfly is exposed shoot it through while emgine runs try to maintain idle as to suck the stuff up the iac passage
hurc ast
The IAC is a shiny chrome looking cylinder about 1.5 inches in diameter with a flange on one side near the front. It will be attached to the intake manifold by two screws. There will be an electrical connector on the opposite end. It is very easy to remove if you can get to it.
Ed
wrote