Re: What constitutes 'severe duty' to a spark plug - re 98 Ford Club Wagon 5.4L

I'll change the plugs, but I don't think they're responsible for my stalling problem. I like your idea. I have a CDROM mechanic's manual ('98 Ford) that says the
same thing. However, I can't find the IAC in the manual...or under the "hood" (which is a nasty place to look for anything). Can you tip me on where this IAC would be? The manual says to disable the IAC, and observe a change in idle. Disablement should adversely affect idle.. And of course it would because my problem manifests only occasionally.