Re: Which car is built in America?

Page 1 of 2  
You are correct. Search the US Department of Commerce site for who actually uses the most AMERICAN parts and materials.
Toyota buys it parts and materials, for the vehicles it assembles in the US,
whenever it can from Japan and other Jap suppliers in the US that assemble parts in the US and Canada for the less than half of the vehicles it sells in US that are assembled in the US and Canada.
Even Toyota says the Camry is "assembled in the US of world sourced parts."

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:30:56 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

Yoyota is truthfull. Ford, GM and Chrysler also assemble in America of "world sourced parts" However, the 2009 Camry was the most "american" car you could buy in the USA last year.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ya right. Search the US Department of Commerce sit for the facts, WBMA

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

What Commerce Department Website? Commerce Depart. has 100s of websites. If you are correct, it should be simple for you to cut and paste the URL of the site so that you can back your claim, WMBA.
Jeff
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Do you record every site you ever visited? I do not and I do not do home work for my own grand children, what makes you think I will do it for you?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
beyond where the car/parts are manufactured..........a question I don't know the answer to:
where are the manufacturers' corporate income taxes paid?
i.e., does the sale of an "American" Toyota result in a profit for Toyota/Japan with the corporate income tax paid there........or a profit to Toyota of America with corporate income tax paid here or ?????? Same would hold true for all makers......including overseas operations of our "domestic" companies. I assume it's a tangled web, i,e. is Toyota of America a distribution company or manufacturer......a separate corporate entity or wholly owned subsidiary?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
American and European manufactures pay corporate income taxes, on the vehicles they sell in Europe and the US, to the governments of Europe and the US.
Because of the Japanese Capital Reinvestment law all Japanese corporations, not only vehicle manufactures, pay corporate income taxes in Japan on the products and vehicles they sell in the US, whether they are made in Japan or the US.
Unlike the tax advantage Japanese corporations have in the US, they must pay corporate taxes in Europe, on the vehicles they sell in Europe, just as do the US and European corporations.
Japanese corporations operating in the US do pay state and local income taxes, just as do American and European corporations, however.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:21:35 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

Toyota USA is a US Corporation registered in California and pays federal and state taxes on it's profits.
Toyota Canada is two companies, Toyota Canada inc (sales) and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Corp. (TMMC) (Manufacturing)
They both pay Canadian and Ontario taxes - as do all their employees.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

But the price that Toyota USA pays to Toyota Japan for required Japaneses sourced parts might be outrageous, ensuring that there will be no US-based profit.
--
Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley Lake, CA, USA GPS: 38.8,-122.5

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:39:28 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@72.usenet.us.com wrote:

Well I know for a fact in the case of the Canadian built Corolla and Matrix the vast majority of the car is manufactured - not just assembled, within 200 km of Cambridge Ontario.
Same goes gor the Hondas built at Allison Ontario. For a while even the engine blocks for the corolla were locally cast - not sure if they still are or not. They were also locally assembled.
As for design, much of the design work for Toyota vehicles is done in California.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Correct.
On a related note, with the downturn in the global economy, where cars and parts are made by the Japanese automakers has been changing a lot over the last year. The NUMMI plant will be closed. And some cars that were previously made in the US are being made in Japan. So the old percentage of domestic content may change (both up and down).
Jeff
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
That may be you personal opinion but you are wrong, again. I do not know Canadian Corporate income tax law so I can not speak to that but I certainly know US corporate tax law. I am the former owner of a Delaware corporation subject to US federal Corporate taxes. The Japanese companies in the US, by what ever name, are only holding companies for the Japanese Corporation and not subject to US corporate taxes, only STATE taxes. Search the US Department of Treasury site for the facts, WBMA.
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

Really? I looked it up in google. I found no such law.
Besides, the companies that sell Japanese brand cars in the US are not Japanese companies. They are US companies. They happen to be owned by Japanese companies, but, they pay US corporate and state and local income tax.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That's because it doesn't exist
--
--------------------------------------------------------
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ya' right! Search the US Department of the Treasury and the US Department of Commerce sites for the facts, WBMA

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:08:45 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

You are making the allegations - it is up to you to prove them - otherwise anyone is free to consider you a blowhard - whether you are right or not.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Get real, dummy. I told you were to look for the facts, YOU are saying that the source I quoted was not factual. Therefore it is up to you to prove otherwise. Is it any wonder that we consider you a blowhard?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

It was not found, because it is not there. Please provide the URL of the actual site or better yet, shut up.

You're making the claims. It is up to you to prove them.
I don't who considers this poster a blowhard (nice personal attack, btw), but he is not the person in this thread I would consider a blowhard.
Jeff

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Like I said YOU are making the claim that what I posted was not factual, therefore it is up to YOU to prove YOUR claim. LOL

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike Hunter wrote:

So anything that you post is automatically correct until proven otherwise.
Whatever.
You're not worth my time.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.