Re: Which car is built in America?

Page 2 of 2
You mean if not worth your time, to find the truth.

Mike Hunter wrote:

You don't do your own homework. What you're saying is that you can't back your claims. Which means you don't know what you're talking about.
Jeff

You keep saying that over and over so that must be your opinion but I found the information I posted exactly were I told you to search for the information. If you can't find anything that proves what I posted is not correct, that is YOUR problem.
The fact is the reason you can not is because what you chose to believe in wrong. The fact is Japanese corporations have never paid a penny in US federal corporate income taxes in the US because of tax credits paid in Japan on their corporate income, period.

Mike Hunter wrote:

No, it's your problem. You can't back your claim. If it is so easy to find the information, just post the URL.
Stop acting like you're a apoilled brat..

The fact is that the informatoin is not there. If I am wrong, just post the URL.

They're not Japanese corporations. They're US corporations that happen to be owned by Japanese companies. That's a big difference.
Bottom line, you're not worth my time.
I won't reply to your stupidity on this thread again, unless you can back your claim. You don't know what you're talking about.
Jeff

The fact is that YOUR information is not there. If I am wrong, just post the URL.
I won't reply to your stupidity on this thread again, unless you can back your claim. You don't know what you're talking about. LOL

A URL that shows that your claimed "law" doesn't exist, ya, right

GOOD
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Mike Hunter wrote:

What is the URL of the Commerce Department site that lists domestic parts used in cars?
The funny thing is that the law requires content to be reported to the National Traffic and Highway Safety Administration, who reports that the Mazda Tribute is 90% made in the US. And the Toyota Tundra has more US components that the Chevy Malibu. For some reason, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles are not reported.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.e649cd1b2b018c71d8eca01046108a0c/?javax.portlet.tpstD27b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_4427b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_viewID tail_view&itemIDS9ed5c474a5a110VgnVCM1000002fd17898RCRD&viewType=standard&detailViewURL=/portal/site/nhtsa/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.e649cd1b2b018c71d8eca01046108a0c/?javax.portlet.tpstD27b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_ws_MX

And, what vehicle is made from only US parts and without any "world sourced parts"?
BTW, the Toyota has the highest domestic (US and Canada) content of any car listed. So much for your world sourced parts garbage.
Jeff
The parts content label lists parts that have the their final assembly completed in the US or Canada, regardless of the source of the materials or the components of the assembled parts.
Even a Camry made totally in Japan, will displays a parts label listing "AX" number of North American parts, when obviously the total is ZERO. I.E. Parts stampings that are made of imported Japanese steel will be listed as NA parts. Transmissions made in Japan, that have their final assembly in Canada will be listed as NA parts. One of the six speed tyrannies, that Ford buys from Asian, a Japanese company, is listed on the parts label as made in Japan. The same tyranny, made by the Japanese company that has it final assembly in Canada is listed as a NA part on a Toyota.
The find were the MATERIALS and parts are actually made, one must search the US Department of Commerce site. If you do you will discover the vast majority of MATERIALS and parts use by GM and Ford, around 80% to 85% are sourced in the US, even on the vehicles they assemble in Canada and Mexico.
Although no auto manufacture selling vehicles in the US today is currently earning a profit, when they do the American corporations will pay federal corporate income taxes. The Japanese corporations, because of corporate tax credits in Japan, will not pay a penny in US federal corporate income taxes, as has been the case ever since they started selling vehicles in the US. In addition the Japanese government will return that money to those corporations for R&D, under the Japanese Capital Reinvest law, as it has ever since WWII.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.e649cd1b2b018c71d8eca01046108a0c/?javax.portlet.tpstD27b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_4427b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_viewID tail_view&itemIDS9ed5c474a5a110VgnVCM1000002fd17898RCRD&viewType=standard&detailViewURL=/portal/site/nhtsa/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.e649cd1b2b018c71d8eca01046108a0c/?javax.portlet.tpstD27b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_ws_MX
Mike Hunter wrote:

That's because the manufacturer estimates the content for all cars in a particular model together, including cars made in NA and Japan.

What US Department of Commerce site? You can't provide the URL because there isn't one.

Then why does the content labels usually say much less? Only two GM vehicles are listed as having more than 75% US content. So the average is less. US makers have a higher domestic parts content percentage than the Japanese. But the US content is not 80 to 85% for GM and Ford.

Honda is: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/29/business/global/29honda.html

But their subsidies do pay US corporate tax.

Really? Evidence, please.
You know, you really crack me up! You talk about things like you know what you're saying, when you don't have a clue.
Jeff

That is true but it give the impression to the uninformed that ALL Camry's have that percentage of NA parts, which is false. Only some have parts that have their finally assembly completed in the US or Canada

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:33:42 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

Virtually all sold in Canada and the USA.

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:33:42 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

According to the latest statistics something like 47% of American housholds pay NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX.
Actually in 2008 is was closer to 49%, primary a result of the tax RATE cuts enacted under President Bush. The bottom rate was reduced for 15% down to 10%, a 331/3% reduction in the taxes paid by the working poor on their total adjusted income.
In addition exemptions for the working poor were increased making it possible for those American to receive the return of every dollar that was withheld during the year.
The poorest of the poor now get a tax refund GREATER than the amount they had withheld. In some cases as much as 50% more than withheld
The Dims of course said the tax cuts went to the "rich," but they had the lowest RATE reduction of all, 3%.

Mike Hunter wrote:

You will be bitching about Bush for 50 years, no need for me to say more.

Yep, working poor to bailout GM. People could have been left with a lot more money if they just let GM die.

Why? Why not a flat rate. Too fair? I guess you are poor and looking for a free lunch.

Yep, Dims don't know which way is up.
Mike Hunter wrote:

Is it that hard for you to admit reality?
We don't make much any more, too costly.