Re: Why car always break on bad times?

> Why cars always break Friday PM? All the garages are closed Friday after > 5PM, saturday all day and sunday all day. > > The steel belt inside the tire have broken a friday, having to wait until a > monday to order new tires > > Next friday, the new tire was flat, had to wait until next monday for > repairs. > > Same thing for my oil pan : Broke a friday, oil pissing everywhere under the > car, had to wait for a monday for pan replacement. > > Yesterday (friday), my brake line broke, and have to wait until monday. > > So, I can only use my car 4 days on 7 > > Could I blame murphy's law?

when i was a kid the old mans car would run OK and when we would go to the park for a picnic on sundays the car would always stop about half way there... sit in car for about an hour and then it would start right up like nothing happened.... found out many years later on his other car that the spark plugs were so fouled up that when the car was warmed up it was like glow plugs, always lit up so the firing was off..... he never did nelieve in working on a car until it stopped.... since i started driving i bought just about every book on cars that i could learn from.. never had that problem myself... once it gives me a little trouble i fix the problem....

Reply to
jim

It's the critical need detector that does it. When you want to get somewhere badly, the detector senses that & shuts the car down.

Vacation? shut down Dentist? run great

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Professional Shop Rat: 14,052 days in a GM plant.

David Starr

Reply to
Stan Kasperski

I live in Quebec, the only garage open sundays is Canadian Tire. They refused to repair the flat tire because they were too busy for me. Small gaz stations with mechanical service were unable to repair a flat.

I have 9 or 13 tires that can be used as spare for my car, so that was not a big problem, but imagine a guy in vacations, stuck on a road with broken nuts, all garages closed... He must call a towing and wait until next monday to find pieces. Here, even dealers are closed on week-ends.

Reply to
Jérémie Bédard