Re: Why car always break on bad times?

Jérémie Bédard wrote:

when i was a kid the old mans car would run OK and when we would go to the park for a picnic on sundays the car would always stop about half way there... sit in car for about an hour and then it would start right up like nothing happened.... found out many years later on his other car that the spark plugs were so fouled up that when the car was warmed up it was like glow plugs, always lit up so the firing was off..... he never did nelieve in working on a car until it stopped.... since i started driving i bought just about every book on cars that i could learn from.. never had that problem myself... once it gives me a little trouble i fix the problem....
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:55:41 -0400, "Jérémie Bédard"

It's the critical need detector that does it. When you want to get somewhere badly, the detector senses that & shuts the car down.
Vacation? shut down Dentist? run great
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Professional Shop Rat: 14,052 days in a GM plant. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Add pictures here
✖
I would have loved for all my breakdowns to occur late on Friday of the week. It would have given me the entire weekend to fix it without having to take time off from work or work on the car late into the night. Friday late is ideal time for breakdowns. Stan K.
"Jérémie Bédard" wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
I live in Quebec, the only garage open sundays is Canadian Tire. They refused to repair the flat tire because they were too busy for me. Small gaz stations with mechanical service were unable to repair a flat.
I have 9 or 13 tires that can be used as spare for my car, so that was not a big problem, but imagine a guy in vacations, stuck on a road with broken nuts, all garages closed... He must call a towing and wait until next monday to find pieces. Here, even dealers are closed on week-ends.

weekends here.
Add pictures here
✖