Re: Why I spurn American Cars

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:36:05 -0000, Backyard Mechanic

Good - now I won't have to mention the Bird.
38 1/2 years working in a GM Plant
93 T-Bird the first Ford I bought & the BEST car I've ever owned.
129,000 miles & NO major problems
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Professional Shop Rat: 14,052 days in a GM plant. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

A 10 year old Tbird??!! LOL.
I have an 8 year old tbird and it is a good ride with lots of creature comforts, gets decent mileage and is a dependable car. My wifes subaru on the other hand gets much better mileage and is a piece of chit.

What a worthless post (including replies). Who cares. Does anybody care why I will never buy a Jap car? NO! Please wise up, not every thought needs to see the light of day.
mike
"La Longue Carabine"
Their is 25 yrs of new technology since his camero and your car. Try comparing a 67 Honda to a 67 Camero.
fathom wrote:

It always amazes me to hear people speak of HP without taking into consideration the relationship to the torque that the engine produces and the RPM at which it does. I have a 2003 Mustang GT, my buddy was always bragging that his V6 has the same 260 HP. He stopped talking since we met on the road a few week ago. LOL
mike hunt
M Gold wrote:

it is not hp that drives the vehicle, its Torque. Furthermore, you need to look at the T vs RPM curve. Then consider weight.
HP = (T*RPM) / (550*60/2/Pi)
I'm referring to corporate and government fleets, not rental car companies. Most rental companies do not keep their vehicles more than a year. Fleets generally keep their units in service for five year or 300K, WOF.
mike hunt
Liam Devlin wrote:

in missouri every single government car is pretty much a ford taurus................not my pick(which is pontiac) but guess they find something good in ford.........I had a 99 taurus....was nice..........