Rear Driver Side Door

Has anyone had to fix a broken door handle on the 1992-1995 Ford Taurus? I went to open the back driver side door and the handle and I felt something give. The door will open from the inside but not the outside.
I have checked the child lock, but that would only effect the inside not the outside. If the child lock were engaged I would never get the door open again.
TIA for any help....
JD
You need to remove the inner panel to facilitate a repair, or take it to someone that can
mike hunt
JD wrote:

I kinda figured that. I was more or less wanting to know if anyone had ran into this before and knew what might be wrong. I'm thinking that maybe I can get the parts at a junk yard if I can take a door apart.
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

In my Ford experience, which is limited in the case of door linkages is limited to full size vans and Crown Vics, there are plastic connectors/bushings that hold the rods in place. You probably will just have to buy a $1.50 plastic connector/bushing from the dealer. Take the door apart and find the problem first, then go to the dealer give them the broken piece or look up the piece on the door diagram they'll have on computer.
CJB

Cool. Thanks for the info. That doesnt sound all that bad.
JD