rear view mirror on topaz

I have a 93 Topaz and the rear view mirror on the windshield fell off. How do I get the button out of the mirror to glue back on the windshield? I've done this before on different cars and they had a screw (allen or torx)
and it was a piece of cake. But this one only has a little slot at the base and I can't see far in enough to figure out what to do. Anybody give me any insight? TIA
presses off...not a gentle press...more like press the Hulk would do when he's mad....you want to press on the piece that attaches to the windshield not the mirror part.....it slips on and off very tight....

BLueCoBra wrote:

screwdriver... from the dollar store.... press one into the small cut out slot on the bottom of the thing and then it will release a spring loaded piece of metal that is holding it on.. you then use a larger screwdriver on the opposite side to pry the metal part that is glued on to the glass out of the mirror part....once you do it it will become a piece of cake.. if you still cant then bring it to a glass place and ask them to do it for you(take it aparts) or you can always hold the mirror onto the glass when you glue it back on.. it should hold in about 3 minutes.. i had to do this once before i learned how to remove the metal piece...

Ended up doing the small & big screwdriver deal. Even with the screwdrivers it was still a PITA but it eventually came out. Hey, another lesson learned ;). Thx for the replies you two, helped me out quite a bit.