Remote Access Personality (RAP) Module Location on 2000 Taurus

I have a 2000 Taurus SE which was formerly a rental car and was manufactured without the keyless remote (i.e., key fob)capability. I had a after-market keyless remote installed and it is a piece of junk (no range at all). I would like to go to a junk yard and dig out the Remote Access Personality (RAP) module that allows the use of those factory key fobs and install it (and get a new set of key fobs, maybe from the junk yard). Here are my questions?

  1. Is this reasonable? Is this module easy to remove and get too?
  2. Where is the module located?

Thanks for any help.............russ mcelhaney

Reply to
r. mcelhaney