Remote car starter...

Just got a '99 Ford Taurus SE yesterday. Real clean car......so far I like it. The car came with a remote starter, and I'm trying to figure it out. Heres the setup on the key pad:
top left button locks the car (sets alarm) top right button unlocks car bottom left button has two symbols--hold button down and the trunk unlocks bottom right button says "option"
Anybody have a similar setup that can clue me in ?? Thanks-
Any idea what brand alarm is installed in it? Usually the remote starts are add ons for alarms which should be triggered by your option button.

I'm not sure what the brand is.....all I have been able to do so far is set off the alarm ! I bought it at a used car dealer, and he saw the previous owner use it, but didn't see how he did it. At least I know it works... I guess I'll have to keep trying it....can't be any more difficult than a Rubicks cube :-)
FordBlueBlood wrote:

What happens when you press the option 1 button?

bottom right is a panic alarm. you should have the pats key( passive anti-thieft system), and there is no remote start option on the newer cars with this ignition system. a pats key system can be identified bt the large key that only a dealer can code for the car for $120
He doesn't have a factory installed system Falcoon.

On 28 Sep 2003 20:26:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Falcoon) wrote:

Where is this dealer that charges $120 for coding the key located?
I got my spare key from my dealer in NC for $25 and coded it myself!
When I press the option key, nothing happens......maybe I need to recode the key ???
The PATS key is another issue. Try tracking down the alarm module and see what brand you have.

HOW, please!
Look on ebay you can get em cheaper than that l1140

(Falcoon) wrote:

No so my friend, my 2003 Mustang GT and 2004 Lincoln LS both have PATS and remote starters as did most of my previous Ford Motor Co vehicles since it became standard. You are off a bit on the coding process as well, anyone with two coded keys can code another by following a simply process of turning the key off and on till the theft
mike hunt