Remote car starter...

Just got a '99 Ford Taurus SE yesterday. Real clean car......so far I like it. The car came with a remote starter, and I'm trying to figure it out. Heres the setup on the key pad:

top left button locks the car (sets alarm) top right button unlocks car bottom left button has two symbols--hold button down and the trunk unlocks bottom right button says "option"

Anybody have a similar setup that can clue me in ?? Thanks-

Reply to
Oncler

FordBlueBlood

I'm not sure what the brand is.....all I have been able to do so far is set off the alarm ! I bought it at a used car dealer, and he saw the previous owner use it, but didn't see how he did it. At least I know it works... I guess I'll have to keep trying it....can't be any more difficult than a Rubicks cube :-)

FordBlueBlood wrote:

Reply to
Oncler

Reply to
FordBlueBlood

bottom right is a panic alarm. you should have the pats key( passive anti-thieft system), and there is no remote start option on the newer cars with this ignition system. a pats key system can be identified bt the large key that only a dealer can code for the car for $120

Reply to
Falcoon

Reply to
FordBlueBlood

Where is this dealer that charges $120 for coding the key located?

I got my spare key from my dealer in NC for $25 and coded it myself!

Reply to
avoidspam

When I press the option key, nothing happens......maybe I need to recode the key ???

Reply to
Oncler

HOW, please!

Reply to
Jim McCartan

No so my friend, my 2003 Mustang GT and 2004 Lincoln LS both have PATS and remote starters as did most of my previous Ford Motor Co vehicles since it became standard. You are off a bit on the coding process as well, anyone with two coded keys can code another by following a simply process of turning the key off and on till the theft

mike hunt

Falc>

Reply to
BenDover

Reply to
FordBlueBlood

Reply to
l1140

Also you MUST have TWO programmed keys for this vehicle to program another, if not you have to take it to the dealer and purchase a key and get him to program it for you. l1140

Reply to
l1140