Remote Car starter

I have a 95 Ford Aspire, Auto. I am trying to install a remote car starter, prostart CT3200. Everything seem ok BUT, the Purple wire that is to be connected to the
TACH. I have tried to attach it tothe Injector... no good... I tried to attache it to a wire wrapped around the HT lead... no good.... I a at a bit of a loss. The install guide has a few more options but I am not sure were the hell hey are in the car.....
From The install guide.... PURPLE(AC) Tachometer input
This wire tells the module if the Engine is running or not. It requires at least 1.8 volts (AC) and 1.5 Hz (or faster) at idle. Common Tach references are: the negative side of an injector, the negative side of an ignition Coil, Camshaft sensor, Crankshaft sensor or the Engine Control module (ECM). NOTE: A Tach signal that is too low will cause the module to "over crank" and a Tach signal that is too high will cause the module to "under crank".
I hope someone can help..... I have a DMM, am confident I can get it working but just need Pointing in the correct direction
Thanks in advance.

=========================When you tried an injector (does it only have one?, that could be a problem) are you sure you got it on the negative side? The coil would be the next easy choise. Just find the side of the injector or coil that "blinks" on and off with the engine cranking or running.
you should have bout the MASSTART 2001 from www.bought4less.com
: I have a 95 Ford Aspire, Auto. : I am trying to install a remote car starter, prostart CT3200. : Everything seem ok BUT, the Purple wire that is to be connected to the : TACH. I have tried to attach it tothe Injector... no good... I tried : to attache it to a wire wrapped around the HT lead... no good.... I a : at a bit of a loss. : The install guide has a few more options but I am not sure were the : hell hey are in the car..... : : From The install guide.... : PURPLE(AC) Tachometer input : : This wire tells the module if the Engine is running or not. It : requires at least 1.8 volts (AC) and 1.5 Hz (or faster) at idle. : Common Tach references are: the negative side of an injector, the : negative side of an ignition Coil, Camshaft sensor, Crankshaft sensor : or the Engine Control module (ECM). : NOTE: A Tach signal that is too low will cause the module to "over : crank" and a Tach signal that is too high will cause the module to : "under crank". : : I hope someone can help..... : I have a DMM, am confident I can get it working but just need Pointing : in the correct direction : : : Thanks in advance.