remote locks

My son just bought a 1998 F-150 and it did not come with the remote door lock. Being an XLT I think it is probably on the truck and he just did not
get the remote. Is there an easy way to check if the truck has this feature installed?
Go to https://myford.fordvehicles.com/servlet and register the vehicle. You can then e-mail them with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and ask for a copy of the 'build sheet'. In a week or so they will call you on the phone and tell you they are sending you the info by snail mail. The whole process took about 3 wks when I did it for the same reason. When I did it for my Jeep it took 2 hours, they just e-mailed me the sheet! That's Ford for you.
Jay (top posted for your convenience)

Ford has at least several million more build sheet to look for than does Jeep LOL
mike hunt

not
feature
Cycle the ignition key from "off" to "run" 6 or 8 times fast with 10 second to activate " remote learning procedure"
If the doorlocks close and open by themselves it has remote entry