Remote Starter

Had a remote starter installed yesterday on my 2000 Explorer XLT. Last night I set the heater for high and was looking forward to a nice warm car in the
morning. Opened the door, no heat. This thing is set up for only the accessories like radio and windows to come on. Is this normal? Is there someway I can have the heater come on as well? Or is there some good reason not to have the heater running while the remote start is working?
DonLanger wrote:

running when you use the remote starter in the morning.. did you know that in every state it is against the law to have a vehicle running with no driver in the car???? unless you are on private property????????? and dont ask why they sell this stuff as they also sell guns and knives, but you cant use then like you would want to can you????
Its on private property, and I did just that. Had the heater set to high. The heater wont come on till I put the key in and turn the key towards the start position.
that almost makes sense.... it seems it was installed incorrectly... they tapped into the wrong wire.. insted of tying the acceries and the ignition they onlky tied the ignition through the remote start... usually they take it from the key "on" posistion i thought.
oh well.. bring it back
Ken

DonLanger wrote:

Look at the bright side: even if the heater doesn't come on, the engine is warming up. You get in, turn the key... et voila.... instant heat.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
Of course I can use my guns and knives exactly as I want to, to kill the son of a bitch that tries to harm my family or me. I guess your punctuation and spelling are reflective of you high intellectual and cognitive ability. I hope you do not vote, that way you are not canceling out my vote, or that of someone like me who knows how to think. "...the second amendment is not for killing little ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians, like [in] Baghdad, [and in] 1776, when they take your independence away." B1 Bob Dornan

Double Tap wrote:

Good!
--
""Sic Semper Tyrannis" - Thus Always with Tyrants - John Wilkes Booth"

"Per ardua nec flectitur nec mutat. Confido,
Cole Firearms Inc. wrote:

I know you didn't write this, but I missed the original post. Whomever wrote this ought to think twice before he castigates anyone else on their inability to spell or use punctuation correctly.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
I suppose you are not familiars with remote start systems. You are correct with the 'running/unoccupied thing, but remote start cars can not be driven until a key is inserted. Any effort to move the vehicle disables it.
mike hunt
jim wrote:

I would suggest the system is installed improperly by whomever did the installation. The HVAC system should operate in the remote start mode.. You will discover that you will benefit more often from the A/C operation than the heater as time goes by. ;)
mike hunt