remove oil pan 2001 Taurus 3.0

Need help in a bad way, do I have to do anything to oil pump or pickup tube to remove the oil pan in 2001 Taurus 3.0L V6? I thought I could drop starter
and bolts but pan is hitting on pump. I am going to drop exhaust next and see if that gives me clearance to remove. any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Dave MacLeod
remove the "1" to reply

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_the_oil_pan_on_2001_Taurus_3_Liter_V6 You also need to clarify WHICH 3.0L V6! Both the Vulcan and Duratec are 3.0L. You need to say which engine, or if you are not sure, if it's the 24-valve (Duratec), which has badges on the fenders.